- September is the time of year in Los Angeles when for a mere $6, you can buy one of the most incredible, juicy, flavorful peaches in the history of time. Babcock Peaches are the gold standard. Babcock is a variety of white peach, so any ripe white peach will do the trick. You may need to check your local farmer’s market and have a lot of cash ready, but it’s worth it. If no white peaches are available, yellow peaches, nectarines and apricots make excellent stand-ins.
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 sweet, ripe peach, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw or toasted pine nuts
- Olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 medium coarse grinds black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Push the kale leaves of the stalks and into a bowl. Massage the kale leaves with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1/16 teaspoon salt until leaves begin to wilt.
Add the balsamic vinegar, the rest of the sea salt, pepper, olive oil and pine nuts and toss.
Last, add the peach cubes and gently toss.